Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Week 8: #18 Social Networking

I know lots and lots of people--friends, family, customers--who use social networking sites for various reasons, but I've not yet signed up for one and don't plan to anytime soon. I did take the Facebook tour to familiarize myself with how it works. It looks like a great way to connect with other people and keep them informed about things in your life. But honestly, I don't have time to devote to building up a site like that. If I ever did, I would probably use Yahoo since I already have an account.

Like everything in life, you have to be careful what you make available for others to see. I have not allowed my teenage daughter to create a MySpace account although some of her friends have them. If she wants to communicate with them, she can use the phone or email. Call me old fashioned. I consider it a compliment. :)

No comments: