Thursday, September 27, 2007

Week 3: #6 More Flickr Fun

I say I
L O V E
D I S n E y

I played with some of the mashups from the "Ten Best Flickr Mashups" article at http://www.webmonkey.com/06/08/index4a.html. I especially enjoyed Spell with Flickr (probably because I love Scrabble, and this site puts my words and phrases into neat little tiles). Thanks to my sweet hubby, I was able to get the above image onto my blog! I'm learning all kinds of new stuff!

Tagnautica was fun too. To test it out, I input words like Tinkerbell and Disney World, and got an array of tags that are arranged alphabetically in a circular pattern around the original word I put in. You can then click on one of the tags to be taken to a new set of words. If you click on the word in the center, you can view Flickr pictures in that cluster.

By experimenting with some of these, one can see how mashups are taking internet browsing to a different level.

No comments: