Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 2: # 4 Online Safety & Sharing

Finding time at work to view the tutorials and do the exercises is one of my biggest challenges. So I'm already a little bit behind. Ho hum...

I definitely think the Internet is awesome. I use it everyday to keep in touch with family in other cities, pay bills, buy stuff, view weather forecasts, to keep up with current events, and plan trips. But it can also be a very scary place where people you don't know will take advantage of you if you aren't careful. Always protect your personal information and don't click on or reply to any email that comes from a source you don't recognize. When in doubt, just delete it! I tend to be a very cautious and private person, so I have never met anyone online; however, I know people who have. You just can't be too careful these days.

No comments: